On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Michael Banta wrote:
ip addr add 2001:470:1F01:FFFF::xxx/127 dev sixbone

First, this wasn't your question but.. I wouldn't use /127 prefix between two routers. See RFC 3627 for more.

I was trying to figure out the best way to have my 6to4 tunnel come up automatically when the computer boots (linux Mandrake 10.1 acting as a router for ipv6 connectivity). The only way I know how, and what I have done is to add the following to my rc.local file:

For clarity, please avoid calling an IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnel "6to4 tunnel". 6to4 tunnel is a very specific case of v6-in-v4 tunneling, one that you are not using.

Is this a 'Good Practice' way of doing this? Like I said, it works just fine, but was hoping to get someones opinion on this.

As to that.. you may want to check out whether Mandrake supports IPv6 in its configuration syntax (like Red Hat Linux does, for example). Using that, if supported, might be a slightly better idea but whatever works for you....