>> We are considering four possible implementations:
>> 1. try only ip6.arpa

> This is the only one that should exist in current and new implementations.

Yes, of course.  But the fact is that there are implementations
deployed that still use (or rely on) ip6.int.  That's why I asked the
question.

> For deployed stacks, the ones people don't want/forget to upgrade there
> is a very simple solution to all of this: DNAME

Yes, this can generally be a helpful workaround at the authoritative
server's side that manages an IPv6 reverse zone in order to provide
both ip6.arpa and ip6.int reverse-map zones for the same address block.
It's actually pretty known approached first (IIRC) proposed by Mark
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in 2002:
  http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/pubs/tn/index.pl?tn=isc-tn-2002-1.html

But I guess this is not 100% relevant to the point I'm talking about.
The thing which is going to happen is that an RIR (likely with other
RIRs) will simply remove the ip6.int tree, and my interest is the
effect at the resolver (end user) side with the change.  The DNAME
approach may be relevant to this issue if the RIR adopts the
workaround (as you may have indicated in your message), but I suspect
it will unlikely happen.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.