Hi,

For Solaris youhave to enable separately the name resolution for IPv6:

Putting ipv4/ipv6 addresses in

/etc/inet/ipnodes

and in /etc/nsswitch.conf Make sure 'ipnodes' line contains 'dns' entry so that IPv6 hostname lookup can be performed through DNS in case that resolution failed by looking up a local file.

/etc/nsswitch.conf
hosts:      files dns
ipnodes:   files dns

This is kind of brain damage in Solaris - why they invented ipnodes?

Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98