Hi again,

thank you for responses, current votes are about
        some: bug
        one : standard missing

because it's still hard to convince people, I've done now a research of
different operating systems.

Tested:

FreeBSD 6.1
Linux (using glibc) Fedora Core 5
Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Sun Solaris 10 U2

FreeBSD 6.1 is working like expected!

Windows XP SP2 make unexpected queries, but did not use the result from them

Solaris 10 is acting like Linux (this is interesting...)

I've published the details on a dedicated page:

http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/getaddrinfo/index.html

Feel free to contribute results of other operating systems, scope of
interest would be e.g. AIX and systems using other libcs than glibc
(dietlibc, ...).

Thank you very much,
        Peter
--
Dr. Peter Bieringer                     http://www.bieringer.de/pb/
GPG/PGP Key 0x958F422D                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]