Dear IPv6ers, (I hope this is not a noisy reminder)

It's about three weeks before the submission deadline of the IPv6(+)
workshop @ SIGCOMM 2007.  The submission page @edas.info is now open
and the CFP page has been updated accordingly (pasted below), so
please let me remind you of this workshop.  If you have any
interesting research results on IPv6 development or deployment, this
will be a very good opportunity to present it.  We're looking forward
to your submissions.

Thanks,

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

At Mon, 15 Jan 2007 01:51:00 +0900,
JINMEI Tatuya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (excuse me cross posting - hopefully it's not so noisy)
>
> Dear all,
>
> On behalf of the program committee, I'd like to make an announcement
> of a CFP for a forthcoming SIGCOMM workshop on IPv6.  Details are
> available at http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm-conference-current/ipv6/
> (major contents of the web page are also pasted below).  Although you
> might think SIGCOMM is too "academic" for such practical forums as
> IETF, we are actually seeking practical insights as well as
> theoretical analyses in this workshop as described in the CFP.
> So, please consider submitting a paper on your recent
> research/engineering results related to IPv6.
>
> Also, it would be very nice if you can distribute the CFP to whatever
> venues that you think are suitable for this workshop.

  SIGCOMM 2007 Workshop "IPv6 and the Future of the Internet"

1. Motivation and rationale for the workshop

This one-day workshop aims to bring together researchers and
practitioners from academia and industry to engage in an in-depth
discussion on various research and deployment issues of IPv6 and their
impact on the future of the Internet. In recent years the global
deployment of IPv6 started taking off, especially in the Asian-Pacific area.
To date IPv6 development efforts have mainly focused on protocol
standardization, product development, and network operations, rather
than as a research target.
However, we believe that the accumulated experiences in these practices
now provide interesting research opportunities, not only for those who
have been involved in IPv6 development but also for the broader network
research community. We expect the workshop to open a dialog between
networking researchers and practitioners, and foster synergistic
activities thereafter.

2. Call for Paper (CFP)

ACM SIGCOMM IPv6 and the Future of the Internet (IPv6+) Workshop seeks
papers describing significant research contributions to the field of
IPv6 and their relevance on the future of the Internet. IPv6 was
primarily motivated by the address shortage problem of IPv4. It provides
a much larger address space than IPv4. However, the competing technology
Network Address Translation (NAT) has alleviated the address shortage
problem to some extent, and other problems, such as routing scalability,
management, mobility, and security, have become increasingly prominent.
At the mean time, the global deployment of IPv6 has gradually taken off.
Modern operating systems are shipped with both IPv4 and IPv6 stacks, and
IPv6-compatible backbones came into existence. As it is costly to
migrate from one network architecture to another one, can we take this
opportunity to address additional problems in the IPv4 Internet by
extending the IPv6 protocol suite? What new problems are/were
encountered in the process of deploying IPv6? And what lessons have we
learned?

We invite submissions that shed light on the above questions.
Submissions in both academic and operational flavors are welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

    * Experiences and lessons learned from pilot deployments of IPv6
      networks and applications
    * Experimental and measurement results from operational IPv6 networks
    * Advantages and challenges the very large IPv6 address space bring
      to the Internet routing system
    * Scalable and robust solutions to multi-homing and traffic engineering
    * Host and Network Mobility
    * Multicast and Anycast protocols
    * Worms, DoS, and other security threats in IPv6 networks and
      possible enhancements to address these challenges.
    * IPv6's Applicability to sensor networks, low-power personal area
      networks, and other types of challenged networks
    * Impact on application development and deployment
    * A critical assessment of IPv6's viability as a global
      communication infrastructure for the future or of its fundamental
      limitations, if any.

    3. Submission guideline

Submissions must be no greater than 6 pages in length, must be a pdf
file, and must follow the formatting guidelines at
http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2007/workshop-psg.html. Submissions that
deviate from these guidelines will be rejected without consideration.
Reviews will be single-blind: authors name and affiliation should be
included in the submission. Authors of accepted papers are expected to
present their papers at the workshop. Submissions must be original work
not under review at any other workshop, conference, or journal.

Please submit papers through the EDAS submission page
<http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=5401&;>.

4. Workshop dates

Paper submission due:   April 6, 2007 4:00PM EDT
Paper acceptance notification:  May 11, 2007
Camera-ready due:       June 8, 2007
Workshop:       Aug 31, 2007

5. Program committee

Program Co-chairs:
        Xiaowei Yang    UC Irvine, US
        Tatuya Jinmei   Toshiba, Japan

Program Committee members:
        Maoke Chen      Tsinghua, China
        Kilnam Chon     KAIST, Korea
        Rich Draves     Microsoft, US
        Paul Francis    Cornell, US
        Tony Hain       Cisco, US
        Masaki Hirabaru NICT, Japan
        Xing Li         Tsinghua, China
        Yoshifumi Nishida Sony CSL, Japan
        Pekka Savola    CSC/FUNET, Finland
        Dave Thaler     Microsoft, US
        Laurent Toutain ENST-Bretagne, France
        Beichuan Zhang  University of Arizona, US
        Lixia Zhang     UCLA, US