Until someone in the community (either David, or me, or indeed you) has
done some formal performance/scalability testing, none of us can really
answer this.

A couple of years ago I was on a (non Isis) project where we used grinder
[1],[2] for the performance testing.  That worked well enough in that case,
and I'd definitely think about using it for testing Isis.

In the meantime you could do some googling on performance with the Wicket
framework, and on performance of DataNucleus.  Any issues/limitations will
be an issue for Isis too.

With Restful Objects, I think that will scale as far as  you need because
it is intrinsically stateless.  With the Wicket viewer, it has a heavy
dependency (through Wicket) on sessions, which will complicate matters if
you find you need a web farm, cf [3].

HTH
Dan

[1] http://grinder.sourceforge.net/