It is possible to map java domain classes to views instead of tables.

Estatio has a couple of examples... perhaps Jeroen could dig out a link for
you (I'm typing this on my phone).

Alternatively, yes, you could use view models. These then programmatically
combine the data.

On your particular use case I would inject the repositories for the
"backing entities".

One point to beat in mind is that Isis will handle view models with
collections, it only serializes the state of the view model's properties
(the determine the url of the view model). The workaround is to make the
collection derived, using @Collection(notPersisted=true), and return is
results by requerying the appropriate repository.

Again, Estatio has some examples, I think

Hth
Dan.