On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Dan Haywood <d...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> Do you know, does web.de use stateful or only stateless pages to hit those
> volumes?

The application is stateful.
But it uses many custom components which make use of JS event delegation
and shared Wicket IResources to keep the pages small and reduce page
locking both at the client and server sides.

> If only the latter then we can't infer too much from that because Isis
> primarily uses stateful pages.
>
> If the former, then do you know what size of web farm they run to get that
> scale, and how do they manage http sessions?

I don't know what kind of hardware is in use.
The http sessions are replicated with Memcached (
https://github.com/magro/memcached-session-manager). But the session is
very small. It keeps just the minimal info to load user data from the DBs.