Sunday 22 March 2009 23:34:21 Jukka Zitting написав:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
>
> <aklim...@day.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Daniel Manzke
> >
> > <daniel.man...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> is it possible to use the pseudo-property jcr:path in XPath? I want to
> >> use it to add additional paths where I want to search.
> >
> > No, this is not possible. AFAIK JCR 2.0 will support (using a
> > different query description) joins of multiple path queries.
>
> Yes, JCR 2.0 defines how such queries can be expressed and even
> specifies how they should behave. However, support for such queries
> will not be mandatory, and it's not yet clear whether or how
> Jackrabbit would support them.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

It's a sad news that Jacrabbit team hesitating about XPath support in future
releases. XML features of JCR are important for many
applications (at least for me :) ). Besides it, XPath is most natural query
language for hiarachial structures and fits well JCR model.
Second, XPath is well known comparing to new search language defined by JCR2.0
and leverages barier for developers.
So I'd like to ask JR team to continue support of XPath in future releases.

--
SY, Alex Lukin
RIPE NIC HDL: LEXA1-RIPE