hi,
of course you can restore a deleted node, using:

Node.restore(Version version, String relPath, boolean removeExisting);

the tricky part is to find the correct version. in order to do that,
you can use the search or traverse the version storage.
since a versionable node can be moved around without loosing it's id,
the path is not recorded in the version. but i might make sense to
add a "path" property to you node before the checkin, so you can use
that later to find the deleted version.

as example, in our CMS we record the "parentPath" and the "name" of
the node in the node itself prior to a checkin.
so a deleted node can be easily found when searching for all versions
having a given parent path.

regards, toby