On 17 Feb 2010, at 10:43, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>> Has anyone written a PM or SPI implementation based on Casandra ?
>
> I'm not aware of anything like that, though there's been some
> discussion about persistence on top of distributed databases or hash
> tables. The main problem with such approaches is the eventual
> consistency model that can be troublesome for the current Jackrabbit
> architecture.

Is that because, in a cluster one JR node might get an event that an Item
exists, but its not yet present on the backend its connected to, and there are
no guarantees over the order in which items appear, so, for instance, the
hierarchy manager might find a child but not the parent?

Do you have any pointers to the discussions so I can go and read ?

Thanks
Ian