I can't see a separate list for OCM, so I am posting here.

When I have a collection of primitives in a POJO to store I wanted to be able to store in the form of Map<String,String>.

When storing an object which contains a collection it creates a node for the collection, and then a separate node for each element in the collection, with properties under each node representing the properties of the object.

However, when you have a 'primitive' such as String (yes I know it is really an object) it would be good to store it as a property rather than a separate node. Rather than this:

+ object node
    + collection node
        + item1 node
            - value property
        + item2 node
            - value property
        + item3 node
            - value property

I would prefer:

+ object node
    + collection node
        - item1 property
        - item2 property
        - item3 property

Is there an existing way to achieve this? Having a look at the code for OCM it seems that it should be possible to write a Collection Converter Implementation to achieve this, but I thought i would raise it here to see if there is an existing way I am missing.

Thanks,
Peter