Hi Durante,

see my comments inline:

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM, durante <mdurant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, could step over jndi problem and connect to a remote db.
>
> Problem now is that I cannot share content between my two nodes.

In a Jackrabbit cluster both nodes use the same Journal DB. They only need
a unique node id, so that jackrabbit knows which changes are not processed
on a node. See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering for more
information.

> Moreover, I'm concerned about a later situation in which I'll be lead to:
> Is it possible to have completely separate environments sharing content?
>
> In other words:
> site1 + node1 + content1
> --
> site2 + node2 + content2
>
> something changed on site1 repo, then site2 repo will be synced and data
> will be available for users on site 2 and vice versa.
>
> The more I read about jackrabbit, more I see I'm getting far away from such
> architecture.
> Does jackrabbit allow me to implement that? How to?

What do you mean with content1 and content2? Do you mean 2 seperate
repositories?

> Any light is welcome!
>

> Thanks.
>

> --

Jeroen Reijn
Solution Architect
Hippo

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 101 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://about.me/jeroenreijn