We are using Oak 1.6.1 with an repository that is supported by a MongoDB back
end. We are doing a bulk upload of assets from an FTP site and creating
versioned assets in the repository, where the asset nodes have the following
structure:

// Node "assetName", jcr:primaryType=nt:file, jcr:mixinTypes=mix:xxx
assetNode
//   Properties: jcr:mimeType - the MIME type
//               mix:size - the size of the asset file, in bytes
//               mix:metadataNames - the metadata names as a delimited string
//               mix:metadataValues - the metadata values as a delimited string
//   Node "content", jcr:primaryType=nt:resource
contentNode (child)
//     Properties: jcr:data - the actual asset bytes

All the assets are of type .jpg. There are several concurrent threads that read
files from the FTP site and create assets.

For some assets, when doing a Session.save() prior to checkin we get the
following exception (stack trace snipped for compactness):

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentStoreException: Aborting
getChildNodes() - DocumentNodeState is null for br15daca61b5b-0-2 at
/:conflict/changeDeletedNode/Unassigned/sequence_of_attributes_works_fine -
Copy (2).png
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.document.DocumentNodeStore$7.apply(DocumentNodeStore.java:1201)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.performVoid(SessionDelegate.java:274)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.java:416)

I have seen a number of defect reports concerning "DocumentNodeState is null",
but they all seem to have been fixed.

Can someone help me to find out what we are doing wrong that causes this
exception?

Mike Harrison

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems