hi

regarding 1)
i created a tiny test case that adds a new node of type nt:file and the
mandatory properties of the mix:created type get auto-creaed (i.e. jcr:created
and jcr:createdBy). so, that works for me in trunk [0]. maybe you can provide a
test case illustrating the issue?

regarding 2)
can you share some additional data? what is the nature of the 'configured
data'? node types? any log entries from the migration? and how did you run the
migration?

kind regards
angela

[0] my test:
@Test
    public void testAddNtFileNode() throws Exception {
        Session s = getAdminSession();
        Node file = s.getRootNode().addNode("test", JcrConstants.NT_FILE);
        file.addNode("jcr:content", NodeTypeConstants.NT_OAK_UNSTRUCTURED);
        s.save();

        assertTrue(file.isNodeType(NodeTypeConstants.MIX_CREATED));
        assertTrue(file.hasProperty(NodeTypeConstants.JCR_CREATEDBY));
        assertTrue(file.hasProperty(NodeTypeConstants.JCR_CREATED));
    }