I am using jackrabbit version 2.8.6. when i add a big pdf document around
1400 pages, a fulltextsearch returns no results.

I can reproduce this behaviour with tika when the write size of tikas
bodycontenthandler is too low. Is there any way i could rise the indexing
size of jackrabbit to a higher value?

i set the properties in the repository.xml without any effect

<SearchIndex class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.SearchIndex">
    <param name="maxFieldLength" value="10000000"/>
    <param name="maxExtractLength" value="10000000"/>
</SearchIndex>

Is there another parameter i need to set or should i maybe upgrade to a
higher Jackrabbit version (Jackrabbit e.g. 2.10.x)

thanking you in advance for any hint

Shane