On 16.04.2019 07:35, mansi goel wrote:
hi,
we are new to jackrabbit and won't be able to find documents related to
versioning functionality of jackrabbit.
It would be great if you can reply to my below queries:
1. By default, jackrabbit provides versioning of item stored in it as
1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4...... But we want versions of items should be incremented
by 1 such as 1,2,3,4... Can you please let me know how can I achieve this.

I believe this is hard-wired into Jackrabbit.

Note the version numbers are considered an implementation detail. You
may want to look at user-assigned version labels.

2. Jackrabbit versioning of items is 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4...When does it come on
2.0,2.1...?does it even comes on 2.0?

I don't think it does.

3. How to rollback the previous version. Example: if version history of an
item contains the following versions 1.1,1.2 and 1.3. Now I want to
rollback the changes of version 1.2. Now 1.2 version should checkin
automatically and version got increment as 1.4. Now version history will
have the following versions 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4. so is there any direct
jackrabbit support API to make the previous version as the current version.

We are completely stuck on versioning functionality and missing our
deadlines.It would be really helpful if you can provide any input.

Have a look at
<https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/spec/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html#15.7%20Restoring%20a%20Version>
and
<https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/spec/javax.jcr/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/version/VersionManager.html#restore(javax.jcr.version.Version,%20boolean)>.