On 20/06/12 04:38, Don S wrote:
HI,

Thank you for the valuable suggestions.My real concern is  updating the
tuples in the file rather than updating the database. As you mentioned
earlier it is only updating the databases. So is their any way to update
the  file either by script control or by programming in eclipse .

Use Model.write(....)

If you want remote access and update to a file, then update it locally, and copy it back to the original place by some means outside of Jena.

So far I configured the fuseki server, preload the data using tdbloader and
can update it using
http://localhost:3030/sparql.**tpl<http://localhost:3030/sparql.tpl>
  .

Another doubt is what is the difference between loading RDF data into default
graph of the server using
S-Put "ruby s-put http://localhost:3030/ds/data default search.owl "
and preloading the file to /ds  using  tdbloader.
"java -Xmx1200M -classpath "../lib/*;" tdb.tdbloader --loc=./TD
./ds2/search.owl" As I assumed only the second one is applicable in terms
of updating the tuples.

Both put data into the default graph of the datatset /ds.

Personally, I use the PUT method unless the data is large enough to make running the bulk loader worth it (e.g. 30s+). The PUT (SPARQL Graph Store Protocol) is more convenient.

What will happen if we run both the commands. Really appreciating to answer
my queries.

The data will be read in the database twice - in RDF terms, a graph is a set of triples (no duplicates) but bNodes are allocated new identifiers for each time a file is read.

Just don't do it - a database is persistent state.

        Andy

Regards