After a long and tortuous exploration I find the following:

Standard Jena XSDDatatype for Long returns an Int. (I knew this)
I replaced it with a Long that returns a Long but this seems to break my
query somehow.  I'm still digging into that.

My question is why does the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#long datatype
return an Integer when the value is within the Integer range?  Would I not
ask for a http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int if I wanted an Integer?

Claude

Dataset