OK, I’ve created the model, which I can successfully print out using
'model.write(System.out, "RDF/XML-ABBREV”);'

However, when I use your code below, and do an acc.put(model) I find that there
is nothing on the server, even though
no errors are indicated.

The URL that I am using for the createHTTP request is the URL of my Fuseki
server: "http://foobar:3030”, which I
am inspecting using the built in web-based browser.

At the risk of stretching your patience, can you explain what I’m doing wrong?
Given that there are no errors, I would
have expected the model to appear somewhere or other :-/ If I specify an
invalid URL (e.g. incorrect port) then
I get an error, which seems to indicate that the code is actually talking to
the server.

Thanks,

        Andy D.