Apache Maven is the build management system used by Jena. You will find info
here:

https://maven.apache.org/

If you are just using Jena as a framework or toolkit you will probably not need
Maven. If you intend to do actual development work on Jena, you will need to
become familiar with Maven. Most Eclipse installs do indeed have Maven
pre-integrated.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library