This may or may not be close to what you are looking for, but you might try
something like oaj.riot.RDFDataMgr::parse with a wrapper around
oaj.riot.system.StreamRDFLib::graph. You can subclass
oaj.riot.system.StreamRDFWrapper for that. Then you have tuple-level control
over the process and can throw exceptions or execute side-effects as desired.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library