Dear Jena-Team,

we are very happy about the experimental OntTools method “getShortestPath”. It works fine, but up from a specific amount of in-between concepts, the returned path is NULL. We are working with the VDOT-Ontology (http://www.ifomis.org/vdot/vdot_core.owl) . We focused out, that the method does not have any problems with the relationships between the concepts – because when we cut the path in smaller pieces e.g. path between patient and blood sample and path between blood sample and leukocyte it works fine.
We tried it with the following code:

OntClass toClass = model.getOntClass("http://www.ifomis.org/hdot/HDOT_PM_0058";); OntClass fromClass = model.getOntClass("http://www.ifomis.org/vdot/vdot_core.owl#fma62852";);

Predicate<Statement> onPath = new Predicate<Statement>() {
    @Override
    public boolean test(Statement t) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                return true;
      }
 };
Path path = OntTools.findShortestPath(model, fromClass, toClass, onPath);
if (path!= null){
    System.out.println("I am not empty!");
} else {
    System.out.println("I am empty!");