There have been 2 different techniques mentioned that solve different problems.

The SUM aggregate function can be used to reduce a result set as illustrated by
the following minimal CSV snippets:

BEFORE:
?v1,?v2
"A",1
"A",1
"A",2
"B",3
"B",1

AFTER:
?v1,?v3
"A",4
"B",4

The above results could be achieved by:

SELECT ?v1 (SUM(?v2) AS ?v3)
WHERE {
#pattern that binds ?v1 and ?v2
}
GROUP BY ?v1

If you want to extend a result set with a new binding composed from other bound
values, you could use:

SELECT ?v1 ?v2 ?v3 ?v4
WHERE {
#pattern that binds ?v1,?v2,?v3
BIND (?v2+?v3 AS ?v4)
}

If the basic graph pattern results were:

?v1,?v2,?v3
"A",2,0
"B",1,3
"C",5,2