1. You haven't followed the example. You are missing Syntax.syntaxARQ
in QueryFactory.create(), I guess this makes a difference since
CONSTRUCT with quads is not standard SPARQL.

2. Because INSERT is an update and not a query? Se UpdateFactory:
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/arq/org/apache/jena/update/UpdateFactory.html