From: Andy Seaborne [mailto:a...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 12:10 PM
To: users@jena.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC in Teiid/JBoss NodeValue / ClassNotFounderror

On 01/11/16 14:54, omar.k...@wellsfargo.com wrote:
> Thanks Andy!
>
> Question - who is responsible for loading the JDBC driver, and how does one
> load it?
>
> I'm not clear on exact details on how to get it to work. I reached out to the
> Teiid team, and Ramesh has a question for you .
>
> Can you look at the bottom of this thread for the question from Ramesh?
>
> https://developer.jboss.org/thread/272656

Firstly - I didn't write and don't use jena-jdbc so my level of expertise is
limited.  The initialization of Jena in shaded jars is something that has come
up before.

It looks like the problem is at the Jena initialization step, not the loading
the JDBC driver. That's supposed to be automatic and is - the crash happens
because the initialization is incomplete or is happening in the wrong order
because the normal sequence isn't happening.

In yoru code, if you can, call ARQ.init() before anything else.  Calling it
repeatedly is safe and cheap.

Hopefully RobV can give a better answer for the JDBC aspects.

There is a services/java.sql.Driver - that should cause the JDBC driver to
load.  Standard way for Java.

        Andy