It is my understanding that you use OWL rules in your model to create
relationships between objects.
You can then query the model using SPARQL and a reasoner.
The SPARQL will then not only return the triples explicitly matched, but those
that can be inferred using the rules too.

See https://jena.apache.org/documentation/inference/