That question could be applied to any other thing in the world where two
possible options exists...

"why should I use A if I can do what I want already with B?"

I'd suggest read more about Wikidata in your case, then it should be
clear that Wikidata provides a totally different concept how the data is
added. It does not extract data from Wikipedia, as DBpedia does, is a
user curated source for for structured information which is included in
Wikipedia.

--
Lorenz B├╝hmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig