Hello Lorenz, thank you

It matches now matches the name when some one enter opposite case like
john, John etc.

But in my owl file, only first name is given i.e John and I want if some
one even type John kim, the query matches. The above query supposed to work
for it but it does not display the record when full name is typed.

+ "Filter regex(str(?name),'"+ss+"', 'i') . " // ss is java variable

The properties in owl are like:

 Publication   publishedBy   authors
 authors        authorname               someName  //not string literal,
plain