I have a few questions about reasoning in Jena.  Thanks in advance for
any answers or suggestions.

As background, here is a simple test case to infer transitive
relations between individuals.  Protege/Pellet will load this model
and infer that A transProp C.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://www.test.com/test#";
     xml:base="http://www.test.com/test";
     xmlns:t="http://www.test.com/test#";
     xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
     xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#";
     xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";
     xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#";
     xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#";>
    <owl:Ontology rdf:about="http://www.test.com/test"/>
    <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://www.test.com/test#simpleProp";>
        <rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdf:resource="http://www.test.com/test#transProp"/>
    </owl:ObjectProperty>
    <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://www.test.com/test#transProp";>
        <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#TransitiveProperty"/>
    </owl:ObjectProperty>
    <owl:NamedIndividual rdf:about="http://www.test.com/test#A";>
        <simpleProp rdf:resource="http://www.test.com/test#B"/>
    </owl:NamedIndividual>
    <owl:NamedIndividual rdf:about="http://www.test.com/test#B";>
        <simpleProp rdf:resource="http://www.test.com/test#C"/>
    </owl:NamedIndividual>
    <owl:NamedIndividual rdf:about="http://www.test.com/test#C"/>
</rdf:RDF>

Here is a fragment of the code I'm using with Jena 3.1.0.

// Preceded by code to set up mySystemInput to read the above.
OntModel mySystem = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(
OntModelSpec.OWL_MEM_RULE_INF );
mySystem.read(mySystemInput, null);
Model deductionsModel = mySystem.getDeductionsModel();
StmtIterator deducedStatements = deductionsModel.listStatements();
// Followed by code to dump all the statements.

The deductionsModel I get does not include the transProp sentences that
are inferred by Protege/Pellet.

Question: The online page on reasoning suggests that the OWL reasoners
that come with Jena might not do all the inferencing that is expected
by the OWL standard.  On the other hand, an exchange on users@jena a
few years ago suggested that inferring transitive properties
would/should be done.  Is the above reasoner expected to make the
inference that Protege/Pellet makes?

Question: I also tried using the OWL_MEM_TRANS_INF reasonser.  In that case,
getDeductionsModel returns null.  Is that expected?  TODO functionality?
Is there a work-around?

Question: Should my next step be to integrate Pellet and use that as
the reasoner?