I don't know about escaping the values but there are 2 constructs that
might help you.

One is VALUES https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#inline-data

query="select * where { VALUES ?sbj { <http://example.org/Alice>
<http://example.org/Bob <http://example.org/Alice>> } $sbj a []  }"

and the other is IN https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#func-in

query="select * where { $sbj a []. FILTER( $sbj in ( <
http://example.org/Alice>, <http://example.org/Bob
<http://example.org/Alice>> )}"

I suspect VALUES will serve you better as it can handle multiple parameters
and I think it is slightly more efficient in filtering the data stream
(though I could be wrong here).

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>