General comment about Fuseki (or any server really):

Having server track the clients so it can initiate sending is a real pain to do: clients go away, client crash without signing off, clients get moved, clients go slow, etc etc.

Having the client poll the server may seem like excessive work but the reality is that many systems are built that way underneath for all those client reasons.

The trick is to make the "ping" cheap.

For RDF, keep triple with the tiemstamp of last change and get it each time.

Or to put it another way, do Last-Modified or ETags for the data.

    Andy