Using maven/gradle/... will make things easier in the long run.

If you do want to use the distribution, the source is available in the distribution and if you attach that, the javadoc should be available in the IDE (at least, it is in Eclipse).

It is also online:
http://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/

    Andy