Assuming you are accessing over HTTP you can create an instance of
QueryEngineHTTP directly passing in the query as a string and ARQ won't attempt
to parse the query e.g.

QueryExecution qe = new QueryEngineHTTP("http://someserver/query";,
yourQueryString);

Rob

On 29/11/2018, 17:52, "Dan Davis" <dansm...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I have a Query Execution Service that returns a QueryExecution that is
    within another triple-store, and that other triple store supports some
    functions my other graphs do not.  Specifically, it is virtuoso, and
    supports bif:lower and bif:contains.   My intuition is that I need to write
    filter functions that allow ARQ to parse these, and then pass these down to
    the lower level.   However, maybe there is an easier way.

    Can you guys please advice what is the easiest/best practice way to do this?

    This is not a Virtuoso list, so I will spare you the EXPLAIN output that
    convinces me that FILTER(CONTAINS(?something, "word")) never drives the
    query, but FILTER(bif:contains(?something, "word")) will drive the query if
    there is full text indexing.

    Thanks,

    -Dan Davis