I am incorrect, and apologize. Virtuoso's Jena 3 driver includes an
implementation of Dataset, and so while application is only using the
virtuoso.jena.driver.VirtGraph and
virtuoso.jena.driver.VirtuosoQueryExecution (and factory), a more flexible
integration is possible. I look forward to experimenting with it and seeing
what I can do on the backend.