Hi all,

I've found a behaviour with a SPARQL path expression that I find confusing.

Given a graph that contains just the one triple ":foo :prop :bar" (for any prefix :), I execute the following select query:

select * where { :foo :prop* ?x . }

and get both :foo and :bar as results for ?x, even though there is no statement :foo :prop :foo. I can even use any other property name/URI in the path expression and still get :foo as a result.

I found no hint on the expected behaviour of this case in the SPARQL spec, but this seems not right. Can you please give any hints?

--

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Üdvözlettel / 致以诚挚的问候

*
Andreas Textor*

Bosch Connected Industry – BCI/ESW

Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 10 60 50 | 70049 Stuttgart | GERMANY | www.bosch.com <http://www.bosch.com/>

Mobil+49 162 1836264| andreas.tex...@de.bosch.com <mailto:andreas.tex...@de.bosch.com>

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Franz Fehrenbach; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Volkmar Denner, Prof. Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Dirk Hoheisel,
Christoph Kübel, Uwe Raschke, Peter Tyroller