Location: Online on zoom ( https://zoom.us/j/955345345 )

Date: 2 April 2020

Time: 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT

The basics of RDF and SPARQL may seem simple enough at first, but once one
starts to develop a prototype, one quickly stumbles upon the same recurrent
problems, such as:

How can performance be improved by means of query caching? How can we deal
with blank nodes? How to deal with result set limits?

Apache Jena ( http://jena.apache.org/ ) is a powerful Semantic Web toolkit,
however for the aforementioned issues it does not provide out-of-the box
solutions. Our original motivation for our independent "jena-sparql-api"
project was to address these issues in one central place, instead of
distributing solutions - possibly with various degrees of quality - among
our applications (e.g. RDFUnit, DL-Learner, LIMES). By now, the library has
grown. Most notably, it now features declarative Java-RDF mappings and RDF
processing with reactive streams.

Duration:  60 min
Session-Type: Technology - Application - Coding
Session-Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Session-URL:
http://www.lotico.com/index.php/Jena-based_Components_for_Building_Semantic_Web_Applications

--