Because

RDFConnection
which is a collection of interfaces including 2 for dataset operations (read and write).

extends
RDFDatasetAccessConnection
RDFDatasetConnection

    Andy

On 28/04/2020 09:11, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
I see that I can achieve the same with RDFConnection as with DatasetAccessor.

But conceptually I don't think this was a good idea. An RDF dataset
has multiple interfaces:
* Linked Data
* SPARQL Protocol
* Graph Store Protocol

I think Jena, as a lower-level RDF API, should provide stable
interfaces for each of them, which then can have different
implementations. It shouldn't be a moving target.

RDFConnection conflates all of them instead. Why couldn't it just
extend DatasetAccessor? And something like the EndpointAccessor that
we have:
https://github.com/AtomGraph/Core/blob/master/src/main/java/com/atomgraph/core/model/EndpointAccessor.java

We have separate clients for each of those, so RDFConnection doesn't help.