On 20/05/2020 22:11, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
https://github.com/spinrdf/spinrdf/issues/22

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 10:57 PM Martynas Jusevičius
<marty...@atomgraph.com> wrote:

Andy,

I was able to isolate a standalone example:
https://github.com/namedgraph/spinrdf-test

With 3.0.1 it succeeds. Change Jena version to 3.16.0-SNAPSHOT by
uncommenting the other <version> in pom.xml and it will fail:
https://github.com/namedgraph/spinrdf-test/blob/master/pom.xml#L28

I don't understand how or where spl:objectCount() and spl:instanceOf()
are executed, but i think it demonstrates clearly that some behaviour
has changed between those versions, even though SpinRDF code hasn't.

Many SpinRDF functions are written with implicit assumptions about how ARQ - not SPARQL - executes. They don't work when the optimizer is off, reconfigured, or if the reference query engine is used.

In addition, the external injection of initial bindings

(Long term - that should be replaced with syntax rewriting of the query - see QueryTransformOps)

The result is that each version of SpinRDF needs to be tuned to the version of Jena it uses.

    Andy

Will post on https://github.com/spinrdf/spinrdf/issues as well.

Martynas

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:37 PM Martynas Jusevičius