> What's your interest in RDF*?

There seems to have been this endless debate about triplestores vs property
graphs since as far as I can remember. This new standard apparently promises to
be the best of both world by supporting RDF plus what they call "richer types"
(aka nodes, vertexes). "Richer" compared to the extremely atomic level of
triples. So my interest is mostly to try it and see how it compares. Also from
a storage point of view since everything that I've read claims that property
graphs are faster to traverse because their storage is not "index-based" like
triples. I've personally tried to use a couple of property graphs databases but
I keep going back to triplestores for the only reason that they use more
standardized technology. Every property graph instead seems to have its own way
of doing things; I couldn't even find a standardized format for
exporting/importing graphs or a standardized query language (although there are
some efforts toward one called GQL). So if RDF* can combine the best parts of
both worlds, I want to try it :)
Please note that I'm not personally interested in the semantic web or the RDF
artificial intelligence koolaid. I'm interested in the graph model with a great
appreciation for free standards and simplicity. If RDF* can make the design of
graphs simpler (ie. richer structures, fewer hacks and workarounds) then it's
definitely something that I will use.
Another issue for me with property graphs, but I would like to hear your
feedback on this, is that properties are indexed globally and it's my
understanding that they only accept one data type (eg. Integer). So I'm not
sure how indexing work over there from a storage point of view. I think they
would require me to define 2 properties instead of one or some kind of
namespace, let's say "ns1_age" and "ns2_age" where one property takes Integer
and the other one String for example. Which, at the end of the day, is the same
thing as using RDF prefixes.