On 7/23/21 12:32 PM, Matt Whitby wrote:
A little bit of a vague question, and perhaps a silly one.

How well does Jena scale?  Would it tap out after a given number of triples?

There are way too many variables to give a simple answer. I curate a dataset of 1 billion triples that is refreshed nightly, using a very old version of jena. I assume the performance has not regressed in the past 6 years. The dataset supports a web application driven by fairly complex sparql queries, in what might be called a rudimentary "linked data" paradigm.

Regards,

--Paul

Do people sometimes split very large datasets over different instances and
just query across the different servers?

Thanks all.