Hi Ryan,

On 09/09/2021 17:08, Shaw, Ryan wrote:
I would like to use Xerces2 2.12.1 (with support for XML Schema 1.1) as the
Jena XML parser, specifically to gain support for XSD 1.1 datatypes.

XML 1.1 != XSD 1.1

Jena supports the XSD datatypes relevant to RDF independently of XML.

What is your usage scenario?

I see at [1] that “any XML parser can be used with Jena … through the usual
mechanism for adding to the application.”

But I don’t know what that usual mechanism is.

For Java:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/api/java.xml/javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.html#newInstance()

The Xerces docs say something about the Java Endorsed Standards Override
Mechanism, but elsewhere I see that this has been deprecated.

What’s the recommended way to do this for Jena?

Thanks,
Ryan

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-341?focusedCommentId=16463591&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16463591