Dear all,

I'm experiencing a performance issue that I can't understand... I'm using:
- Jena 3.14.0 , Fuseki (I'm testing in the web interface)
- TDB1
- none.opt
- this configuration:
https://github.com/buda-base/buda-base/blob/master/conf/fuseki/ttl.erb
(with some variable substitutions)
- the relevant data is all contained in this file:
http://purl.bdrc.io/graph/MW23703.ttl

a minimal version of the query is the following, with the relevant comments:

prefix : <http://purl.bdrc.io/ontology/core/>
prefix bdr: <http://purl.bdrc.io/resource/>

CONSTRUCT
{
   bdr:MW23703_1183 ?instp ?insto .
   ?t ?tp ?to .
   ?ancestor :hasPart ?ancestorPart .
   # this next line is weird: comment it and you gain 200ms in the
long query, but the variables are not bound anyways
   ?ancestor ?ancestorp ?ancestoro .
}
WHERE
{
   # in this form (no line commented), the query takes 1.5 to 2s
   # comment any of the lines and the performance improvement is very dramatic
   bdr:MW23703_1183 ?instp ?insto . # 200ms alone
   bdr:MW23703_1183 :hasTitle ?t . ?t ?tp ?to . #245ms alone
   bdr:MW23703_1183 :partOf+ ?ancestor . ?ancestor :hasPart
?ancestorPart . # 200ms alone
}

so it seems that the issue is not just one bgp that needs optimization
but some sort of interaction between the various components? Is there
something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
--
Elie