@Marco: For documentation, the screenshot is now at https://imgur.com/a/1WTaQnZ

@all: As a user, I just have no idea what the duplicates could mean.

As a system administrator, my long-time understanding was that services can
only be accessed by operation-specific URLs, not by the general one for the
dataset. I want to expose /query and perhaps /get, but surely not /update or
/data. So my setup includes a firewall not allowing port 3030, and reverse
proxy rules like this:

ProxyPass         /beta/sparql/wikidata/query
http://127.0.0.1:3030/wikidata/query retry=0
ProxyPassReverse  /beta/sparql/wikidata/query
http://127.0.0.1:3030/wikidata/query

In a quick check, access to /beta/sparql/wikidata is denied (404), so the
approach seems to work anyway, but it was a bit scary to me that I could have
accidentally exposed more than I'd intended.

Cheers, Joachim