On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 9:15 PM Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 07/06/2022 10:47, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have implemented PATCH method for the Graph Store Protocol:
> > https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/#http-patch
> >
> > The PATCH is applied to a named graph. I am missing this bit however:
> > " If a SPARQL 1.1 Update request is used as the RDF payload for a
> > PATCH request that makes changes to more than one graph or the graph
> > it modifies is not the one indicated, it would be prudent for the
> > server to respond with a 422 Unprocessable Entity status."
>
> I read that in the context of GSP resource naming.
>
> ?graph=<uri>
>
> and so the update does not name a graph - it'll look like the default
> graph in the update.
>
> So look for GRAPH in the update.
>
> > What would be the way to make sure that an update only affects a
> > single specific graph?
>
> A dataset of one graph and no others. c.f. DatasetGraphOne but for a
> single named graph and read-only dft graph.
>
> Or a dataset which yields read-only graphs except for the target graph.
>
> Or analyse the update - no GRAPH in templates if the target comes from
> the URL.

It seems that it's not so easy to check for GRAPH in the update after all...

What is the way to "analyse the update - no GRAPH in templates" that
you speak of? I need to check both DELETE and INSERT templates.

I thought I had found a way:

  updateRequest.getOperations().get(0).getDeleteAcc().getGraph()

but it returns <urn:x-arq:DefaultGraphNode> for the following update,
which probably means it doesn't do what I think it does:

PREFIX  rdf:  <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>

WITH <https://localhost:4443/>
INSERT {
  GRAPH ?g {