Simon,

A way to do this is to install a caching proxy and direct web traffic to that proxy. e.g a httpd or nginx setup.

Another way is to use the StreamManager/LocationMapper map the URls to a local file and manage that file (e.g. a regular script that updates the local copy. (Beware there are two LocationMapper - old one in core for (extreme!) legacy and the current one in jena-arq/RIOT).

    Andy