Hi,

I am trying to get rid of the log files written under “$base_dir/logs”,
folder create by line 26 at “bin/kafka-run-class.sh”.

I use an EC2 machine with small primary disk and it blows away on occasions
when writing to these logs is excessive, and I bumped into a few already
(from Jira it looks like you guys know about them).

Tried to export “LOG_DIR”, “KAFKA_LOG4J_OPTS”, No luck till now…. L

What log4j properties file should be put where to squelch that logging? Is
there any such file?

P.S.

Saw that SCALA_VERSION defaults to 2.8.0 even in the other scala versions
distributables.

Should I set to 2.9.2/2.10/etc?

Are there any other vars to take in account?

10x,

Shlomi