Hi Sa

While it's possible to run multiple brokers on a single machine, I would be
interested to hear why you would want to. Kafka is very efficient and can use
all of the system resources under load. Running multiple brokers would increase
zookeeper load, force resource sharing between the Kafka processes, and require
more admin overhead.

Additionally, you almost certainly want to run three Zookeepers. Two Zookeepers
gives you no more reliability than one because ZK voting is based on a majority
vote. If neither ZK can reach a majority on its own then it will fail. More
info at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/FAQ#A7

Daniel.