Hi Joel,

I have similar issue.  I have tried *partition.assignment.strategy=*
*"roundrobin"*, but how do you accept this accept to work ?

We have a topic with 32 partitions and 4 JVM with 10 threads each ( 8 is
backup if one of JVM goes down).   The roundrobin does not select all the
JVM only 3 JVM but uneven distribution of threads across 4 JVMs (the 4th
JVM does not get any active consumption threads).  What is best way to
evenly (or close to even)  distribute the consumption threads  across JVMs.

Thanks,

Bhavesh