Hi Guozhang,
Sorry for being too brief but the question referred to adding partitions
with the topic tool (without specifying json file).
I was not aware of the json file option at all and so my question is
dealing with the case the partitions are added like:
kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --alter --topic test_topic
--partitions 8
Will then existing partitions be subject to leadership change?
10x
Shlomi